Wednesday, December 8, 2010

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

Thank you, Martha Stewart

Christmas seems to come earlier with each passing year. It used to be that the stores were not decked out until after American Thanksgiving, but this year I noticed that Christmas decor was either in tandem with Halloween or fully set up by November first. Don't get me wrong, Christmas is my favourite time of year, I just don't think it should truly begin until the month before December 25th.

This year I am also terribly behind in my shopping (as in, I haven't started) but thanks to a fun present exchange we're doing with my family I think the gift buying should be manageable this year. To put a spin on our usual over-the-top gift giving and try something new, I pitched that each family member receive "something they want, something they need, something to wear and something to read". We put everyone's name in a hat and drew four cards - a want, need, wear and read for everyone. I had a particularly great draw and cannot wait to get going!

The next step is to deck out the apartment in Christmas goodness and fashion a wreath from the tree clippings I gingerly trimmed from the branches of our Charlie Brown. What will you do to get ready this Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment