Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Moving On

Good news and bad news go together like peanut butter and jelly.

A few weeks ago Chris and I noticed some water in our bedroom. At first we thought that Granby was acting out in response to the new baby, but upon further inspection - and many apologies to our "very good dog!" - we discovered that the valve on our hot water baseboard heaters had failed. Another flood! This time with a newborn! Fun!

So this was the bad news.

Meanwhile, my parents were in the midst of selling their home. It was bittersweet for me as they were moving on from the house I grew up in, but it was also the beginning of an exciting new chapter. Not sure what the next step should be for any of us, Chris, my parents and I collectively began to look for a house that could accommodate us all plus Eloise and my brother too. A multi-generational home, so to speak.

And now for the good news.

We not only found the perfect home, but one that will grow with us. Chris, Eloise and I will be living in a fully self-contained, garden level suite with two bedrooms, a laundry room (an entire room!) and city views. My parents and brother will be on the top floors and together we'll be able to enjoy a fantastic vegetable garden and a grassy front yard big enough for a swing set and the odd game of croquet. Before we move in this summer Chris and I will be embarking on our first kitchen renovation and we are so excited to have an opportunity to design our own perfect space. I also get an excuse to fuss over a new space and decorate a nursery. I'd say this is good news, indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment