Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Spring Colour

I had no idea what Pantone was or the huge influence it had on fashion until I took a mandatory course on colour as part of my fashion program at university. The instructing professor happened to be a member of Pantone's colour board and regardless of the way she terrorized us with her 'particularities', her lessons on colour and her introduction of Pantone definitely held my interest.

Twice a year the geniuses behind Pantone release their colour planner, a tool used for forecasting colour trends in fashion and design. I love seeing the colours that Pantone predicts for each season and couldn't help but share the beautiful palette for Spring 2013.


Interestingly, a few of the colours above were already popular in Spring 2012. The 'Grayed Jade' is not unlike all the mint we saw on denim and 'Linen' was certainly a popular choice throughout this year's wedding season with the heavy 'vintage country' theme. I am especially loving 'Monaco Blue' and 'Emerald', do you have a favourite?


No comments:

Post a Comment