Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Rock & Roll

If you've been following along, you know by now that we live in a tiny apartment that will soon be home to three (well four, including Granby). With space at a premium, the process of choosing a baby glider or rocker has proved quite difficult as we search for a piece of functional furniture to take the place of a big, inviting chair in our living room.

Sure, there are lots of glider and rocker options, but finding something to fit our decor looks like we will have to spend close to $2000. But what about secondhand? Well, I have come across tons of used gliders on Craigslist, but for the most part these chairs are not something I would EVER have in my house, let alone showcase in my living room.

A few weekends ago we found a collection of gliders that I have since fallen in love with. Chris has a slightly different vision for our glider that involves plush brown leather, but since I'll be the one providing multiple feedings during the night I think I might have a good case here. My pick? The lovely Luca Glider by Monte Modern Nursery Furniture. This Canadian company designs and manufactures their furniture in Toronto and does so with both the environment and sustainability in mind.

So pretty! The Luca Glider by Monte
The Luca glider rings in at just under $1000, so it is less expensive than others we have seen, but still a big ticket item. Maybe Santa would be willing to stash one under our tree? 'Tis the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment