Saturday, July 30, 2011

Sleep Deprived

Did you know that sleep deprivation is a form of torture? Well, I've been a victim myself over the last month.

Like clockwork, Eloise starts getting fussy by 7 o'clock every night, letting us know it's time for her bath, boob and bed. She goes down happily and Chris and I have blissful a few hours to ourselves until we get into bed around 11. The good news is that Eloise will sleep for six or seven hours straight, the bad news is this puts her awake around 2am, and then she's up every two hours thereafter.

By morning, I am utterly exhausted but greeted by smiles and a chatty little baby who is genuinely happy to start another day. And so we get up and do it all over again. I have been told that this will get better and that I should count my lucky stars Eloise sleeps so well. Lucky as I may be, I would certainly love a few more hours of sleep myself...

No comments:

Post a Comment