Thursday, November 17, 2011

Storytime

We've been reading to Eloise since she was just a few weeks old and it's wonderful to see her developing favourite books already. True, by the last page the book becomes a teething toy, but it's still sweet to see her engaged in a story and captivated by the illustrations (at least for a few minutes!).

While I've always been partial to the tales of Beatrix Potter and prose of Dr. Seuss, at this stage Eloise prefers the vivid colours in Goodnight Gorilla, the sweet illustrations of Guess How Much I Love You and the rhythm of Tumble Bumble.

Good Night Gorilla

Guess How Much I Love You

Tumble Bumble

I fondly remember hours of bedtime stories with my parents and can't wait to pass on my favourite children's books to Eloise. For Christmas she'll find her first Eloise book under the tree and from there I look forward to introducing her to Madeline, Winnie the Pooh, everything Eric Carle and Chris's childhood favourite, Goodnight Moon.

What is your favourite bedtime story?

No comments:

Post a Comment