Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Dream Kitchen

I have a dream kitchen.

Glossy white cabinetry, beautifully simple grey granite countertops, a carrara marble, brick mosaic backsplash and sleek appliances; it's everything I could ask for. And the best part? We designed it ourselves.

We fussed over the colour scheme, toiled over the design (trust me, it's toiling when you spend six hours in Ikea. On a Sunday) and installed it ourselves. Okay, I'll admit it was only Chris who did the installation and that we had some major help from his cousin, Anthony, a professional Ikea kitchen installer, but getting it to this point has been a lot of work none the less.

In favour of a water view and ample natural light we decided against using upper cabinets and have used a piece of Metro shelving as an open pantry and extra storage. Not only does the shelving hold cooking supplies in smart, aluminium canisters, it also acts as a place to display beautiful kitchen tools like my Le Creuset dutch oven, wine decanters and various small appliances. And even though our wineglasses currently live in a cupboard in the laundry room, I'm so happy the view won out.






Speaking of dream kitchens, take a gander of a few of my favourites over on Pinterest. Sigh... I'll have a library ladder and glass front cabinets in our next kitchen.

{via Pinterest}

{via Pinterest}

{via Pinterest}



No comments:

Post a Comment