Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Go Bold

When it comes to clothing, I'm not nearly as bold as I used to be. In high school my mom referred to my daily clothing choices as 'costumes' (looking back, they totally were) and I studied fashion in university, so dressing for lectures was practically a course credit. I used to wear lots of colour too - pink, turquoise and red - but my grown up self favours grey, black and white. How boring.

This spring, colour is back in a big way. Coloured denim, colour blocking and neon, I am finding myself once again attracted to a bright spectrum and ready to inject my wardrobe with colour. It all started with a pair of cornflower blue jeggings from my BFF Alex in Australia and last week I picked up some really fun tops at Old Navy (I'm always surprised what I can find in there for a song). J. Crew's entire Spring collection is amazing and there are some great pieces at local favourite Aritzia too.

So what do you think? Will you be going bold this Spring too?


 {images: Old Navy)


{images: J. Crew}

{images: Aritzia}
{image: ShoeMint}

PS. Have you checked out ShoeMint yet? It's a monthly shoe club created by actress Rachel Bilson and celeb stylist Nicole Chavez. Start on the site by taking a fun style quiz and based on your answers, shoes are 'selected' for you each month. ShoeMint shoes are made by Steve Madden and are only $79.98. I am coveting the 'Hattie' shoe above, so much fun for Spring! 

No comments:

Post a Comment