Thursday, February 9, 2012

First Words

"Dog" is Eloise's favourite word. She first said it for the first time a few weeks ago and now shouts it at cats, her toys and other dogs, of course, but never as buoyantly as she does to Granby. He is definitely her favourite.

Eloise started saying "Dada" in early December, but since that seems to be every baby's first word, I'm not going to count it as the official first. No, dog is much more original and I've even managed to get her to make the cutest little "woof woof" when we sing "Old MacDonald."

At bathtime last night I got a well articulated "duck" while Eloise splashed in the tub with her pink and yellow duckies. My mom has been renamed "GaGa", which is a million times cooler than plain ol' Grandma, so I think it's safe to say Eloise is really getting the hang of her 'Ds' and 'Gs'.

But still no mama. I know that "m" sounds are hard for babies, but you'd think that spending all day - and all night -with someone would earn me a shout out. Oh well, give me a few years of "Mooommm!!!" and I'm sure I'll be longing for the days when Eloise said nothing at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment