Saturday, March 24, 2012

Blog Crush: The Man Repeller

The Man Repeller wearing pants from our very own Aritzia!
{image: The Man Repeller}

The Man Repeller is by far the most entertaining fashion blog I have ever read. Beyond being stylish, it's funny, and by funny I mean hilarious, laugh out loud hilarious in every single post. Blogger Leandra Medine has a sharp sense of humour to go with an even cooler sense of style. 


But what on earth does "Man Repeller" mean? Think of all the fashion trends we've adopted over the years: boyfriend jeans, high-waisted pants, jumpsuits, shoe-boots, and all the times your significant other has rolled their eyes, questioning your choice in clothing. That's what it means to be a Man Repeller. In Leandra's definition, "Good fashion is about pleasing women, not men, so as it happens, the trends that we love, men hate. And that is fantastic.” Here here.
  
The Man Repeller was named one of the "Five Fashion Bloggers that Matter" by Women's Wear Daily and it's obvious why. This blog is entertaining, awesomely styled and in encouraging women to embrace their personal style and dress for themselves, I'd say it's pretty damn empowering too. Makes me want to pull on my jumpsuit (the one Chris calls my mechanic coverall), slap on a big metal belt (a deadly weapon), and lace up my suede gladiator stilettos (these are just "plain ugly") to finish writing this post. Well, almost ... it's 10:43 on a Saturday and I am clearly wearing my pyjamas. They are hot pink flannel though, so I promise I'm doing a pretty good job of man repelling already.



No comments:

Post a Comment