Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Eye Bet

{eye doctor}

I wrote a few weeks ago about my recent quest for an eye cream. The skin around my eyes has become really dry and thanks to a few fairly close-up photos I am definitely aware of a few new wrinkles. Why must this happen now? I'm not ready!

Since whining doesn't help anything the least I can do is sample eye creams. I'm not sure if a cream will reverse the wrinkles I already have but perhaps it will make me fell better about myself. And that definitely stands for something.

Below are the creams I have tried so far. I tried to use each one for a week at a time to judge the effects and here are my findings:
{hydraquench}

Clarins HydraQuench Intensive Bi-Phase Serum
Claims to restore a more youthful looking appearance to dehydrated skin. $58.00
I'm a big lover of Clarins products and this was recommended to me as an all-purpose serum that I could also use under my eyes. Unfortunately it was just not moisturizing enough for what I wanted.

Caudalie Pulpe Vitaminée Eye & Lip Cream
Claims to reduce the visibility of fine lines and wrinkles, lighten dark circles, decongest puffiness, and protect the skin from free radicals. $49
I liked the way this light cream softened the skin around my eyes but it didn't do anything to lessen the appearance of wrinkles. It would be a great choice for someone looking to prevent fine lines.

Fresh Black Tea Age-Delay Eye Cream
Claims to reduce appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, soothe puffiness, and alleviate dark circles. $75
This cream had a zing when I put it on but after two days the zing began to burn and it gave me a terrible rash. Clearly not a good choice for me but it smells nice.

{pulpe vitaminée}
Origins GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream
Claims to clinically reduce puffiness and dark circles instantly. $37.50
I liked this initially as it hydrates and sits well under makeup but I didn't notice a difference in the appearance of the dark skin under my eyes. After a few days this cream started burning when I applied it so I stopped using it. It turns out that my Mom is allergic to Ginseng, so this active ingredient may be the culprit.

Origins Eye Doctor Moisture Care for Skin Around Eyes
Claims to counter crow's feet, reduce puffiness and fade dark shadows. $38.50
Success at last, this eye cream is brilliant! The skin around my eyes is well moisturized, I've noticed a reduction in the fine lines and I look refreshed. I use it morning and night and it is great under makeup. Well worth every penny.

No comments:

Post a Comment