Sunday, November 11, 2012

Strengths & Weaknesses


Last night my girlfriend Aliy came over for dinner and installed a dimmer switch for our dining room fixture. Amazing right? She is one of those people who seems to be good at everything (and know everything, her internal encyclopedia is incredible) and it got me thinking about strengths and weaknesses.

I am an excellent multitasker (why just brush your teeth when you can make the bed and get dressed at the same time?), I'm good at sewing and crafts and I am downright excellent at organizing. It's definitely not my favourite thing, but I have always been very good at cleaning too.

But I am a terrible painter. I get paint on the floor and one time I accidentally painted over an electrical outlet (Aliy saved the day by installing a new one, of course). I cannot cut hair, which is why my bangs are slightly crooked, and I can't throw a ball to save my life so I never played sports. I always mix up my rights and lefts and don't know how to properly make a pot of coffee. Math makes my head spin and I can't keep plants alive - once I killed a hearty ficus in a matter of weeks.

The beauty of knowing your strengths and weaknesses is being able to build a network of people who can do the things you cannot. I am so thankful to have friends who can build things and teach me about sports, a Mom who imparts her wisdom and a husband who makes the best cup of coffee ever.





No comments:

Post a Comment