Thursday, December 27, 2012

What Are You Wearing New Years Eve?

Forget "What are you doing New Years Eve" (though Ella's version is delightful), I'd rather talk about what you're wearing. New Years is one night of the year that requires a little sparkle and I think you can really push the envelope.

My absolute favourite dress up item this holiday is Alexandra Grecco's Karinska Tulle Skirt. This is the skirt my dreams are made of. It's ethereal, feminine and girly but I think you could also get away with wearing it with chambray, a leather bomber or a plaid shirt (like one of my fav bloggers). It sits above the belly button, so how about a cropped bandeau? For New Years I'd go with a simple black tank, a statement necklace and sparkly shoes. It's sold out now, I wonder if I could make my own version?

{anthropologie}

Sequins are always perfect for New Years and I love this colourblock sequin dress from Madewell. It's on sale too!

{madewell}

Nothing says 'holiday' like velvet and this trapeze dress from Aritzia would look gorgeous belted with sky-high booties.

{aritzia}

You know what else is festive? Feathers. This tie-dyed skirt at Zara is really pretty and really reasonable too.

{zara}

I like the idea of being the confetti on New Years with this gorgeously detailed dress by Gryphon.

{shopbop}

So, what are YOU wearing New Year's Eve?

No comments:

Post a Comment