Sunday, February 10, 2013

It Just Gets Worse

Have you ever been vomited on, right in the face? I hadn't until tonight.

We've reached a new code red with bedtime. If we try anything new and Eloise doesn't get her way - which means me lying down with until she is dead asleep - she flips out and barfs. Tonight Chris and I tried something new. After bath she and I got into bed with her milk to read a story and then Chris took over, sitting next to her bed. The plan was for him to sit with her rather than lying down but after only ten minutes she was screaming for me. I took over, taking my turn sitting and left when she rolled over and said, "Night night mama. See ya." This was new (and odd) but I figured it was worth a shot. I left her semi awake and she seemed totally happy, then moments later I was grabbing her screaming and gagging out of bed and rushing to the bathroom. We made it to the sink in time but the vomit just kept coming and unfortunately, my face and I were in the line of fire.

I was mad, I am mad. Mad that Eloise owns us at bedtime and mad that we can't seem to do anything about it. I'm now back in her bed, turned away and ignoring her, and she is finally asleep clutching Piggy & Pengin. Recent sickness aside I think I've managed one night in my own bed in the past 10 because every night she wakes up crying for me. Never mind that she can get in and out of bed all on her own, it has become a production that I just can't muster the energy to deal with at one o'clock in the morning night after night.

Right now I really need some help and some sleep. And a shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment