Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The Trouble with Vacation


The trouble with vacation is that it always ends too soon.

We took off for the Okanagan over May Long weekend for some R&R and ended our trip with a bang in Osoyoos for my best friend Lindsay's wedding. It was such a nice trip. The weather wasn't entirely amazing, but Chris and I got just what we needed: time to relax, time for Eloise and each other, and time to sleep. We also toured wineries, lots of wineries.

Eloise seems to have grown up more during our trip, increasing her vocabulary with more complex words (conversation, disappear, excellent) and full sentences, becoming more independant and keeping us wholly entertained with her energy and antics. She loved spending time with everyone at Grandma Pat and Grandpa Bill's, swimming in the pool, terrorizing the pets and galloping around the house several times over. She was such a good girl the whole trip I am reminded how lucky we are to have such a special, charismatic child to share with the world.

Here are a few snapshots from our time away.

"Grandpa Bill sits on the lawnmower. It's funny."
"I want to smell the wine. Mmm, smells good."
"I a bit scared to ride my bike. Too big for me." (maybe next time?)

"I drive the cart too, Dada."

The view from our suite at the lovely Spirit Ridge.


Have you ever seen a more beautiful bride? I am so lucky to have been part of Lindsay & Lorne's wedding with these amazing ladies, what a perfect way to complete our trip.





No comments:

Post a Comment