Sunday, January 5, 2014

Half Way There

Sunday marked 20 weeks into my pregnancy and I am officially half way there. Whoo hoo! My rapid belly growth has tapered a bit, leaving me with a nice, round bump, but my clothing still continues to get tighter everywhere else. This has made me particularly grouchy but I'm learning to go with it, even if I'm uncomfortable in everything but sweats and pjs. A busy schedule of consultations with new clients this past week required me to try out different options for work appropriate attire and I've been rewarding myself for wearing heels by immediately returning to sweatpants and slippers when I get home.

This baby is active and I hope this is an indication that his or her growth is on track. I go for my 20 week ultrasound tomorrow and I cannot wait to get a (blurry) glimpse at this little person. When we first saw Eloise at about 18 weeks she had the turned up nose she came out with, so I am eager to see if Baby 2 has any distinguishing features like this.

In my first pregnancy I experienced screaming heartburn and it's back with a vengeance. I've also been fighting constant indigestion, so it's safe to say I'm not super comfortable after meals. I'm still adverse to the foods I should be eating, like salad greens and vegetables, craving carbs instead, which of course lead to more heartburn. It's a vicious circle, but bread & butter or a bag of salt & vinegar chips have never tasted so good. The leg cramps I experienced with Eloise haven't started up again - and good riddance - but I am already noticing some swelling in my legs that I definitely did not have before. I haven't been great about getting exercise (I'm just so tired) but I gather it would help. Must start by going to bed earlier (and not blogging at 11:53pm...)

No comments:

Post a Comment