Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Stomach Bug


Tonight is the first time since Saturday afternoon that I have really been able to eat anything of substance. Up until now I've been alternating between water, ginger ale and applesauce as I willed my stomach to stop churning at the thought of anything more than liquids. 

I had an intense stomach bug this weekend which is no good at any time, but particularly horrid when you're pregnant. (Though I'm beginning to think everything is just that much worse when you're pregnant). Any energy I had saved up in my body went right to the baby, which made me feel a lot less worse for not being able to eat anything, and then just a lot worse. Chris was amazing and gave me lots of time to sleep and tonight I am finally feeling a more like myself. The nausea has been replaced by super gross heartburn but you know what, I'll take it.

The one thing I noticed about being sick this weekend is how attentive Granby was; he never left my side. Every time I woke up in the middle of the night he was right there, otherwise he stayed in his bed until I came out of mine. When I woke at 4am this morning for ginger ale he followed me out of the bedroom and watched tv with me until I finished. He hasn't been more than six feet away from me for three days, and as I write this he's sitting at my feet. For all of his annoying neediness, Granby was here for me whether I thought I needed it or not. This dog is something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment