Thursday, March 20, 2014

The Ups and Downs of Being Pregnant

There are some things that go along with pregnancy that aren't great, such as having to pee every 45 minutes, how it feels as your pelvis widens, and lots of back pain. Then there are some very nice things, like how healthy your hair and nails become and a little extra fullness up top.

I hate to be a complainer, but it's my blog and I'll complain if I want to. This pregnancy has not been super awesome for me. It's like everything has been the pretty much the same as the first time, but amplified ten fold. I was sicker for longer in my first trimester, I've had more discomfort in my ribs and back, my heartburn has been more aggressive and due to my general increase in size, I've just been more uncomfortable. I've also noticed things that I didn't when I was pregnant the first time, like the aforementioned pelvis widening and general discomfort as things stretch out. And this time around I'm waddling.

I am just about at the 32 week mark and blissfully in the home stretch even though my due date still seems like it's light years away. However, using Eloise as a guide, I could be just a month away from freeing myself from this pregnancy and more importantly, finally meeting this baby. It really does seem like I've been pregnant for forever and let me tell you, I really appreciate when people see me and say, "You're STILL pregnant?!" Yes I am, thanks for rubbing it in. And if I go full term I still have to endure another two months.

No comments:

Post a Comment