Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Girly Stuff

As I was packing away some of the more girly decor from Eloise's room the other day it occurred to me that we may never use these items again. I found myself overwhelmed by the idea of Eloise being my last girl baby so rather than packing her tiny newborn tutu up with the rest of her infant clothing I just stuffed it into the back of the closet and closed the door. What IF this baby is a boy and we don't get to use Eloise's girly little things again? Then what? 

I was not prepared to feel like this. I'm not sure I'm ready to pack up all of our girly baby things and give them away, even if the sheer volume of girl's clothing we have accumulated in three short years is overwhelming. What if I never get to dress another baby into little patent Baby Bloch shoes? Or a tiny leopard coat or pretty eyelet dresses? I know it's just stuff but I am definitely not ready for the reality of this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment