Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Mom Down

{pinterest}

I have had a cold so bad that I haven't been able to smell or taste anything for a full week. When I eat all I can distinguish is if the food is salty, sweet, sour or bitter, but that's it. I haven't been able to enjoy wafts of something yummy cooking on the stove or delicious bites of my favourite foods, it is a really bizarre sensation.

This head cold really knocked the wind out of me which is something that doesn't happen very often. It came crashing in, left me in bed for an entire weekend and housebound for all of last week. I haven't been able to sleep and my sinuses have been so congested that I am starting to wonder if I will ever fully recover.

My mom has had the same cold but somehow, thankfully, no one else has come down with it. My mind immediately goes to that NyQuil commercial where a man is in bed, tissues everywhere and he calls desperately to his wife, "Pam, can you call my mom?" Please, heavens above, do not let Chris or my Dad come down with this

I'm so over being sick, fingers crossed that I will wake up one morning soon and the cold will be gone.


No comments:

Post a Comment