Monday, October 4, 2010

I Love it When...

During her 25 year career at Harper's Bazaar, the formidable Diana Vreeland penned a column called "Why Don't You?" which posed questions to readers ranging from the outlandish, "Why don't you rinse your blond child's hair in dead champagne to keep its gold as they do in France?" to the fairly practical, "Why don't you travel with a little raspberry-coloured cashmere blanket to throw over yourself in hotels and trains?"

In the spirit of Ms. Vreeland's pizaaz (a word she invented, no less), I'd like to introduce my own appreciation for the everyday with "I Love it When..." So, without further ado:

"I love it when I come home from work at 8 o'clock to dinner bubbling on the stove, laundry in the machine and a bouquet of flowers awaiting my discovery." Yes, I am a lucky lady indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment