Tuesday, October 5, 2010

So Fresh

Considering my fashion background, it's a little embarrassing to admit that only today did I take the time to peruse photos from the Spring 2011 Ready-to-Wear collections presented in September. There are so many goodies to look forward to next spring, but here are two of my favourites so far:

Jil Sander Spring 2011
OMG Jil Sander. Usually far too austere for me, this collection was colourful, airy and totally wearable. Take a look at this link and you'll see what I mean.


Jonathan Saunders Spring 2011
Another fantastic collection was by Jonathan Saunders, a designer from the UK who's only been showing since 2008. Pretty and fresh, yet structured too, Saunders' skirts and shoes stole the show. Check out more on Vogue. com.

Dare I say, both collections make me want to get out the sewing machine to create my own painterly looks. Since we've barely stumbled into Fall, is it possible to be excited for Spring so soon?

No comments:

Post a Comment