Monday, July 4, 2011

Paint

Not quite as crisp as they are in person!

The foundation of a space is the wall colour and for me, choosing this is one of the best parts about decorating. I think I will forever find happiness in searching for - and finding - that perfect paint colour.

My favourite paints come from Benjamin Moore as I find their colours have good depth and go on beautifully. They are not at the top of the price range, nor are they the bottom, but a quality paint does make a difference so I'm willing to pay a little more than the hardware store brands.

At the new house we have chosen to paint all common rooms the same colour, a warm, taupey grey called Florentine Plaster. The ceilings are painted in the fresh Cloud White, which is also carried throughout the house on doors, trim and mouldings. For both bedrooms we chose an icy blue called Seafoam and in the bathroom we used Halo, a muted taupe. To create a 'mantle' around the black gas fireplace insert we are painting out the surround in deep Chelsea Grey.

What are your favourite paint colours?

No comments:

Post a Comment