Saturday, August 18, 2012

Why Hello There.

this is the face of summertime.

You may have noticed that I haven't been blogging lately. To be honest, I haven't been doing much of anything that involves sitting in front of the computer. No blog reading either, it is summer after all.

In Vancouver our summer enters with a whimper and ends before we know it, so you need to soak it in all you can. And so I have (you should see my tan). I have also been insanely busy with all number of things involving children and weddings. Eloise is now one spunky little toddler and since mid-June Molly has been off school so I have been working more or less full time. Add to this weddings I've coordinated/ am coordinating and the several weddings we've attended/ are attending and it's no wonder Labour Day is just two weeks away. See what I mean about summer being over before you know it?

We took a summer vacation to Toronto at the end of July to visit friends and, ahem, attend a wedding. I know what you're thinking, Toronto isn't exactly summer holiday material, but let me tell you, we had the best time and it was summer-weather hot. It was actually our first official family trip and it was a great experience being with Eloise in a city we both love (Chris and I lived for four years in Toronto during university). We spent our days exploring the city on foot, rode the TTC everywhere, ate too much ice cream/cheese/bread, drank many, many bottles of wine, took Eloise to the zoo for the first time, shopped (ok, just me), had wonderful times with amazing people we don't get to see enough, saw dear friends say "I Do" and reconnected as a family. If that doesn't say successful holiday I don't know what does.

Like everyone I know I've also become obsessed with Instagram this summer. Some incredibly darling photos of Eloise to follow.

Eloise & Noodle, so happy together
baby's got swag

a super exciting first streetcar ride

and where it all began - the site of our first date

No comments:

Post a Comment