Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!


It's Halloween and with childlike excitement I can hardly wait to get Eloise into her lion costume and see her trick or treat for the first time. We've been practicing "knock, knock, trick or treat!" for weeks and she has the knocking down but the rest has been replaced by a little throaty 'ROAR!' as she gets into character.

I am pretty much tutu obsessed so to start Eloise's lion costume I made a super fluffy gold and brown tutu. Then I used gold lamé lycra to make her a bodysuit (I simply traced a onesie and sewed it together with a zig-zag stitch for stretch) and added brown fringe to the neck and sleeves. Her lion tail is made of gold lamé too, with a lamé tassel at the end and more fringe, of course. I found a pair of leopard print ears at the dollar store and covered them with more gold, adding more fringe and two little gold bows. It's all very over the top, but I'm beginning to feel that our Halloweens are never going to be subdued.

Exhibit A: Eloise's first Halloween Costume, a Bee.

Ba-bee & Gran-bee... get it? (he didn't)

Cute little bee!

 Maybe next year we'll expand on the tutu theme with one of these ...

{boo!}

{snow white}

{pink bunny}

{witch}

No comments:

Post a Comment