Monday, October 22, 2012

Perfect Peanut Sauce

Peanut sauce is one of those things that I constantly crave yet never seem to have the right recipe for. Too salty, too watery, not enough peanut, I never have an easy time finding the perfect combination for my broccoli stir fry.

Tonight I struck peanut sauce gold. The contents of our fridge told me that dinner was going to be a stir fry (think random veggies, a block of tofu) and I trolled the internet for a sauce to fit the bill. I combined a few recipes to suit my needs and the result was a pretty incredible sauce.

Perfect Peanut Sauce

1/4 cup natural peanut butter
1/3 cup light coconut milk
1/4 cup water
2 tsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp grated ginger
juice of 1/2 a lime

Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and whisk. Heat the sauce until the sauce begins to bubble and gradually thicken, stirring regularly.

We served this peanut sauce over rice with a stir fry but it is thick enough to make a great for dip for salad rolls or satay and could be thinned out with more coconut milk or water for Thai noodles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment