Monday, November 12, 2012

Peter Rabbit

{The Complete Tales}

The charm of Beatrix Potter's Peter Rabbit books is undeniable. They are beautifully illustrated and delightfully written, filled with all sorts of old words that no one uses today like waist-coat, alighted, simpleton and pocket-handkin. Peter Rabbit books have stood the test of time over their 110 year history and I have a complete set from when I was young that Eloise is in the process of discovering.


Since these books are small and our collection plentiful, we often find them in the oddest places around the house. The Tale of Jemima Puddle-duck in my rainboot, Tom Kitten stuck in between the couch cushions, and Cecily Parsley's Nursery Rhymes behind a pillow on our bed. Eloise currently lacks the patience to sit through an entire book so I look forward to the day when we can read my favourite Mrs. Tiggy-Winkle from start to finish and enjoy a few stories in Beatrix Potter The Complete Tales that Eloise received from my cousins.

No comments:

Post a Comment