Friday, January 25, 2013

Music Together

{music together}

Once a week for the past year Eloise and I have been going to Music Together, an international music program for little ones age birth through seven. I started taking Eloise with a friend not knowing anything about the program and now we are hooked. I can't even tell you how happy it makes me to see Eloise's face light up when I tell her we're going to music and even more when we arrive and she runs in to play with instruments. Music class is 45 minutes of pure joy and our instructor Katie is the best.

I don't consider myself to be particularly musical - even though I was in the Treble Choir in high school (ha ha) - but since starting Music Together Eloise and I definitely do a lot more singing. Every course includes a new 'collection' of songs and a CD which has become our saving grace on car rides and at home we bring out all of Eloise's instruments - xylophone, bells, harmonica and shaker eggs - to sing and dance all sorts of music.

I have watched Eloise's musicality develop and am always impressed when she picks up a beat and moves to music. Unfortunately Eloise doesn't share my affinity for hip hop. Yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment