Friday, March 15, 2013

Clean Freak

I'm not afraid to admit that I am a bit of a nut when it comes to cleaning. Chris often says, "You're cleaning again?" to which I answer, "Yup, and you can vaccuum."

Since I apparently spend so much of my time cleaning Eloise is the first to alert me when she notices dirt or dust or a spill. When I am sitting at the computer working she'll come over to me with a strained look on her face and say, "Oh no, its dust," as she presents me with a clump of Granby's hair from under the sofa. Outside with Chris this afternoon there was a bit of earth dumped on the pavement and Eloise looked at him and said, "Daddy made mess! Mama keen (clean) it!" Sure, let me add it to my list.

I'm all for having a cleaning buddy one day - it's going to mean less work for me - but I am a little worried that Eloise is beginning to develop my 'special' cleaning habits. My mom says I was about the same age as Eloise when she heard my piercing scream coming from the stairway. She raced over to me, worried I'd fallen down, or worse, but instead found me standing above a dust bunny with a look of terror on my face. Here we go again, Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment