Friday, March 8, 2013

To the Gym

This time last year I was in the best shape of my life. I was doing a (baby) bootcamp twice a week and running a day or two in between. I had a boudoir shoot and a trip to Mexico to prepare for and there is nothing like being nearly naked to inspire you to get fit. I was also still nursing. I miss those big milk boobs.

Since then my fitness level has been quite poor. Lack of time more than anything is the culprit, but I also have a tendency to be lazy about working out. I've never been one to head to the gym for 'fun' - it's all about vanity for me - but for the last few months I have felt myself yearning for exercise just to get away from it all. Amazing what an hour of alone time has come down to these days.

A friend of mine graciously set me up with a pass to Fitness World so I figured I might as well try it out. I had a personal training session and couldn't walk for two days. It was fantastic. I willingly took myself to the gym today and you know what, I actually enjoyed it.

I also enjoyed the ridiculous performance that took place in the weight room below my treadmill. This one guy (a dead ringer for the Property Brother with frosted tips), spent a good five minutes admiring himself in the mirror. No weights were involved, just plenty of flexing. Then there were the guys who just walk around looking busy. They'd maybe do a quick chest press but here and there but it was mostly about looking like they're working out rather than actually do it.

I can't believe this is what I've been missing by not going to the gym! I'll get better at stifling my laughter next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment