Saturday, September 7, 2013

Hot Fudge Cake

Many, many years ago I found a recipe for a Hot Fudge Cake in Cooking Light Magazine. It's turned out to be one of my go to's for instant gratification dessert and is so quick and easy to make that I can whip one up any night of the week. Or weekend. Chris fell asleep while putting Eloise down tonight so I thought I'd prep a surprise before I go wake him up to watch a movie. What a good wife, right?

Forget that this dessert is low in fat, it is decadent, delicious and sweet (my Mom would say too sweet, but I love it). Top with vanilla or maybe caramel ice cream and try not to have more than one helping!

Hot Fudge Cake

1 cup flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup milk (I use almond milk)
1 tsp vanilla extract

3/4 cup brown sugar
3 tbsp cocoa powder
1 1/2 cups hot water

Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl, or in the bowl of an electric mixer, sift flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Mix together and stir in milk and vanilla. Spoon this mixture into an 8x8" glass baking pan.

In a small bowl whisk together brown sugar and cocoa powder until smooth. Pour over flour mixture and spread to evenly cover. Top everything with hot water and do not stir.

Bake for 35-40 minutes.

*Originally from Cooking Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment