Monday, June 9, 2014

Thank You, Chris


On my last day with Molly Chris posted this incredibly thoughtful thank you to me on Facebook. I was - and still am - very touched every time I read this note and now it is my turn to extend my gratitude.

So, Chris, thank you. In the months and weeks leading up to Spencer's arrival you put in endless long days at work to ensure that your time at home with us would be uninterrupted. You never let go of my hand as we experienced the ups and downs of my last weeks of pregnancy and kept me calm during every moment of Spencer's birth. When we came home from the hospital you were my nurse, my chef, my butler and chauffeur, and I cannot thank you enough for giving me time to sleep and recover during your three weeks off with us.

Most of all I want to thank you for working hard so that I get stay home to raise our children. I know it will not always be easy to be a work from home Mom, and there will be days where I would gladly trade positions with you, but I am so thankful to you for giving me the opportunity to be here. Your support of my career means that while I work from home I am also here to take care of the breakfasts and lunches, naptimes, boo boo bandaging, quiet moments, messes, endless laundry, play dates, afternoon activities and all the goodies that come along with caring for young children. You give us as much as you possibly can every day and I am endlessly thankful.

Chris, you are an incredible father, husband and friend, we are all lucky to have you.

No comments:

Post a Comment