Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Every Day I'm Diapering

It's been more than nine months since Eloise was born and I, like other moms, am now an expert in diaper duty. Hundreds of diapers, many leaks, a few blowouts and thousands of loads of laundry later, I am also pleased to report that we have not given up on cloth diapering.

Blueberry Diapers One Size Deluxe

Baby Kangas One Size Pocket Diaper

Through trial and error we have figured out how to make cloth diapers work for us. We started with Kissaluvs Kissa's and Bummis Super Brite covers for Eloise's tiny tush and once she reached the eight pound mark we added AMP Stay Dry All in Ones in small and bumGenius One Size 4.0 to the mix. At about six months we transitioned to all pocket diapers, including the awesome Blueberry diapers and Chris' favourite, Baby Kangas. Now that Eloise is nearly 15 pounds we're using the next size up in AMP Stay Dry All in Ones as well and our 'healthy' diaper stash numbers around 40!

So, what are our favourites? Hands down, the Blueberry diapers win my vote. They are beautifully made in the USA, are soft and hard working and have super absorbent, yet ultra-thin, bamboo inserts. We have both snap and hook & loop (aka velcro) Blueberry diapers and I can't say I prefer one over the other, though the hook & loop certainly wins for ease at 3am diaper changes.

I like to think we have this cloth diapering thing figured out, though every stage in Eloise's growth brings new challenges, like the recent introduction of solid poop. Gross I know, but there's even a solution for that and Bummis Bio-Soft Liners have made clean-up much more pleasant. I wonder when we can start potty training?

No comments:

Post a Comment