- Swear less. With a baby girl who will soon be copying our every word, "goodness gracious" and "oh pickles" need to replace a few expletives I utter too often.
- Sleep more. It took me until Eloise was six months old to succumb to the "sleep when the baby sleeps" rule and I still struggle with going to bed early, regardless of sleepless nights. For my health, I need to commit to going to getting more sleep.
- Eat less dessert. I'm the first person to advocate indulging in sweets, but every night? No it is not essential to make hot fudge cake at 9pm on a Tuesday... Chris and I are seriously addicted.
- Be More Social. Being a mom has made me an accidental recluse, so I need to make more of an effort to pick up the phone and see my girlfriends. I also need to return emails and Facebook messages as soon as they come in, rather than 'doing it later.'
- Bring Back Date Night. Easier said than done with Eloise in the picture, but we are fortunate to have a number of willing babysitters so Chris and I need to stop making excuses and start taking advantage of opportunities to head out to dinner. That, and I my collection of sexy shoes don't get out much any more (sand and mulch at the playground really do a number on satin).
- Blog more. Blogging has become a favourite pastime and a cathartic outlet for the stresses of early motherhood. This year I want to speed up the rate at which I write posts, increase the number of posts I do and attract readers who I don't already know (though I really do appreciate your support, girls!).
Are these goals for the year ahead attainable? I think so.