Thursday, November 15, 2012

40 Days


40 days. That's how many there are until Christmas, so said a sign welcoming me to the grocery store today. There are Christmas decorations on the shelves, Christmas music over the PA and apparently, just over a month to go before the 'big day'. How did this happen? I've just recovered from Halloween.

For the last few years we have been drawing names and following this rhyme for family gift giving:

"Something to wear, something to read, something you want and something you need."

Every person draws a 'wear', 'read', 'want' and 'need' for another member of the family so that they are buying just one gift in each category. This method of gift giving has worked beautifully for us and I look forward to continuing the tradition with Eloise.

Speaking of Eloise, I've got big plans for her Christmas present. This year she will be getting a play kitchen from Santa which I will be making using a bedside table; it's going to have a sink with a faucet, a stovetop, and an oven with a light. I've been looking forward to creating a special play kitchen since before Eloise was born, so I can hardly wait to get started on this project.

Check out my super score from the Salvation Army Thrift Shop yesterday for $9.


She's a little homely at the moment but I've engaged my dad to help with the cutting (you really don't want me around power tools) and I'll be converting this sad looking piece of furniture into a darling kitchen for Eloise.

Here are some of the DIY play kitchens that I've been looking to for inspiration:

{pinterest}
{young house love}
{pinterest}

No comments:

Post a Comment