Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The Man Repeller in Vancouver

{MR at Secret Location}

In a moment of temporary coolness, our yoga pant obsessed, Hunter wearing, rainy city will play host to one of my very favourite bloggers, The Man Repeller, this evening. I know this not because I am one of the cool kids but because I follow the MR, Leandra Medine, on Instagram and Twitter. I noticed that the location she tagged in one of her photos was Secret Location, the boutique in Gastown, and immediately felt a sense of city pride.

My only stop into Secret Location this summer taught me a few things: first, my seersucker Sperry Topsiders really stick out amongst Camilla Skovgaard and shop girls wearing Heidi-braids, wire bunny-ear headbands and suspenders, and second, it's really not the type of shop Eloise should be in. Toppling over a display of vintage Chanel bags or impaling herself on a sky-high stiletto was an accident waiting to happen.

None the less, I can't help but be feel excited that one of fashion's top bloggers made the trek all the way to Vancouver for "an evening of mingling and talking fashion." If I didn't already have plans to be in my pajamas by 7:30 tonight I'd love to see The MR in person. But what on earth would I wear?

No comments:

Post a Comment