Wednesday, January 9, 2013

2, 4, 6, 8

Eloise has a new affinity for Thomas the Tank Engine and it's driving me crazy. Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that she enjoys trains - we spend a lot of time playing with my brother's childhood Brio - but I made the mistake of introducing Eloise to the Thomas & Friends theme song on YouTube and now she wants to watch it all the time. I know, why on earth would I show my toddler a catchy song on the computer? Because I'm new at this, okay.


It's only been a few days but Eloise stands in front of the computer demanding "Train song" several times throughout the day. If she's really persistent and we haven't watched it in the last hour I cave, and then when she cutely says, "One more, Mama? Pease?" I can't resist.

"But just ONE more time, okay Eloise?"

"Okay Mama, sank you."

Gawd.

I also made the mistake of trying to calm her down when she was cranky in the car with my own rendition of the Thomas song and guess what? She loved it! You bet I know all the words after watching the silly video a dozen times a day. "They're 2, 4, 6, 8, shunting trucks and hauling freight..."

But the funniest thing happened today we were at the community centre. Eloise saw a little boy having a snack with his mom and went up to him and started touching him. The little boy swatted her away (I hear ya buddy, I've got personal space boundaries too) and I went over to explain to Eloise that touching people uninvited is not okay. Then she excitedly pointed to him and said, "Thomas train!" Guess who was on his shirt?

No comments:

Post a Comment