Saturday, August 17, 2013

It Was All a Dream


Friday was my 10 year high school reunion and it was truly a surreal experience. 140 odd classmates (out of a whopping 550) showed up, so I'd say the turn out was pretty great. The planning started nearly a year ago but with poor ticket sales up until early last week, I honestly didn't think we were going to pull it off. I crafted fun "West Van High" themed decor items - striped straws with plaid flags, signs, plaid pennants and Class of 2003 bunting - and organized all of the details, but without knowing what the turn out would be, the pressure was on.


Thankfully, my worrying was for nothing. By the time the doors opened at 8pm all was set for what turned out to be a great night. I still can't believe it's been 10 whole years, and although Facebook has ruined the suspense of, "What have you been doing all this time?!" it was still exciting to see everyone in person. How cute is the photo above with my still-besties Lanny & Di? Together, with our missing BFF Linds, we have been inseparable since grade 10. 


My brother DJ'd for us, playing mostly 90's and 2000's hip hop (my fave) and the dance floor was full the moment he dropped Notorious BIG's "Juicy". For some reason this song was an anthem for our grad class and after all this time the opening lyrics "It Was All a Dream" rang true. On Friday night 10 years ago certainly seemed that way.

PS. I crafted this canvas for Eloise's room last week. My Mom thought it was from a fairy tale, but this too is a nod to Biggy. 




No comments:

Post a Comment