Monday, November 25, 2013

I Can't Wait to be Older

In the car recently Eloise said to me, in a little voice, "Mama, I can't wait to be older." This made me a little sad, as I struggle to wrap my head around the idea of her ever growing up, but I wanted to know more.

"Why do you want to be older, Eloise?"

"I need to be grow older so I can carry my baby sister," she said.

As you can imagine this warmed my heart. Eloise wants to grow up so that she can help me care for the baby we've been talking to her about. She's started suggesting sharing her room, giving the baby her crib, letting the baby play with her toys and taking care of the baby when she cries. Of course, we don't know if this baby is a girl or a boy, but if Eloise refers to a sister with such sweetness I am happy to indulge.

No comments:

Post a Comment