Wednesday, August 28, 2013

You Came Back!

My trip to Toronto was wonderful. I was not responsible to anyone but myself and enjoyed a week of me time exploring my home-away-from-home city. I walked around discovering the changes that have occurred in Toronto since last year (more condos, more hipsters), reconnected with friends and felt very fortunate to be a part of Kelly and Mike's wedding. My week away from home was totally indulgent and I'm still recovering from too much to eat, too much to drink and not enough sleep; but it was so, so fun.

It's always bittersweet leaving Toronto. I really do love living in Vancouver but Chris and I have such an amazing network of friends in Toronto that my heartstrings always pull a little as I board the plane. Save for what I consider to be the worst plane ride I've had to date - a body odor propelling, flatulent seat mate, turbulence, a screaming, seat kicking toddler and his vomitting sister - my welcome home was absolutely worth the struggle. As soon as Eloise spotted me in the baggage terminal she leaped out of my Dad's arms and screamed, "Mama, you back! You came back! Oh Mama, I missed you." It was impossible not to have a few tears as she enveloped me in a full body hug and covered me in kisses.

Here are a few highlights from my trip, in photos...

Exquisite mid-day macarons & Perrier with Becky at Nadege on Queen West.

Roof-top dinner overlooking the city with Becky & Laura.

Live music at The Orbit Room with Kel.

Easily the most beautiful coffee shop in Toronto, Dineen Coffee.

Hanging with these ladies at the rehearsal dinner.

The loveliest bride, Kelly.

No comments:

Post a Comment